Another great idea by Susanna. Cedar papers are very thin sheets of cedar wood and cooking in them is sort of like cooking in parchment paper. You can prepare the fish inside the cedar papers on the grill, stove top or in the oven. The fish is steamed inside the cedar papers and becomes moist and flavorful, infused with wonderful aroma. You can serve the fish to you guests with the fish still wrapped in cedar papers or without them. Susanna uses “Coconut Aminos” to marinate the fish in lieu of soy sauce. Coconut aminos are a natural coconut sap flavored with sea salt, rich in amino acids(You can read more about them here)
- Cedar Papers(they sell them on Amazon, Click Here)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- Sesame seeds
- 2 8 oz fillets of sea bass each
- Two fillets about 8 oz each
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 taleblespoons lemon juice
- Marinated the fish in a mixture of liquid aminos, garlic powder and lemon juice for about 30 min. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle fillets with sesame seeds and wrap sea bass with cedar paper not too tightly.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. *If you’re going to grill the fish on the BBQ, soak cedar papers in water or wine for 5 minutes and grill for about 5 minutes per side.