Another great recipe from my guest Susanna, an effortless summer salad, featuring the best produce summer provides : – eggplant, tomatoes and pepper.
- 1 large eggplant light for its size
- 1 tomato
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 3 scallions chopped
- Herbal salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Roast, peel the pepper (directions can be found here ), chop the pepper.
- Peel eggplant cut it into slices, sprinkle with salt and let stand for about 20-30 minutes. Rinse and blot with paper towels.
- Place eggplant into an oven proof dish, season and bake until soft.
- Cut a crisscross pattern on the skin of the blossom end of the tomato. Place tomato in a cup or a dish. Boil water and pour it over the tomato making sure it’s covered. Keep the tomato in water for about a minute. Remove from water and peel the tomato.
- Mash the eggplant with the fork.
- Mix eggplant, tomato, pepper and scallions. Season with herbal salt and pepper