This loaf is Amazing. It is soo good I am making differwnt variations of it very often, substituting different combinations of veggies and herbs in the filling. Very easy to prepare, delicious, beautiful and packs a whole bunch of nutrition.
- 2 tablespoons Oat Bran
- 3 large eggs
- 8 oz. Farmer Cheese
- 1 red onion or shallots
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Blanch Cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Chop one half onion and cut the other half in strips(reserve)
- Saute the chopped onion in a little bit of oil, until transluscent, let cool.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl until they become a little frothy.
- In another bowl, break apart the Farmers cheese.
- Combine Farmer Cheese, sauteed onions,and oat bran with the egg. season with turmeric, salt and pepper t and mix gently until the mixture is well incorporated. It should have the texture of pancake batter.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Place about half of the mixture into the pan. Top the batter with cauliflower.
- Cover the cauliflower with remaining batter. And top with reserved onion strips.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until the toothpic incerted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.