Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Dust off the sun and moon and sing a song of cheer…
These words come to mind when I think of this, particular summer.
I have never been more carefree and just plain happy, and it all started back in June with a cozy family breakfast in my garden, featuring this Banana Bread.
Now, I’m not saying that Banana bread is responsible for a wonderful summer, and you wont believe me if I do, but rather my happy mood inspired this very easy and very tasty treat.
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon golden rum (optional)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins(optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bitter a loaf pan and sprinkle it with a light coat of flour, to prevent sticking.
- Add bananas to the mixing bowl and mash them until smooth. Add melted butter and rum to bananas and mix
- Stir in the salt, baking soda, sugar, beaten egg, vanilla extract and espresso powder.
- Mix in the flour and add raisins if using.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- If you wish you can glaze the banana bread with chocolate ganache and decorate.
- Pour a cup of coffee, slice a piece of banana bread and enjoy!
For Chocolate Ganache:-
In a sauce pan over medium low flame, heat equal parts bittersweet chocolate chips with heavy cream on a stove top until smooth.