Happy Sunday Everyone!
It has been a long time since I posted. I am sorry for slacking.
But I needed some time off to figure things out.
I am on a journey to a better health and fitness. In fact I have been on this journey for a long time, but only recently have I started seeing positive results on all areas of my life.
It took me quite a few years to finally find a fitness and diet regimen that actually works for me. And I can’t contain my joy of actually starting to shed the weight that I have worked very hard to shed for the past two years.
In fact I lost 25 lbs in just two months and still going strong. Hoping for 30 lbs lost by the end of this month.
I also help other people fight the bulge and get fit and it’s wonderful that I can bring a positive change not only in my own life, but also in the life of others.
The best part of this journey, is that I get to eat my own food, no more diets, pills, diet supplements and special programs. I even stopped counting calories, which I have been doing for the past 10 years.
Meal prep is essenssial to success. Usually I meal prep on Sundays.
What’s involved? A little weekday preparation, meal plans, recipes and shopping lists. Once you have these tools – the rest is easy peasy.
This Tofu and Kale recipe is just perfect for meal prepping as well as gorgeously delicious.
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chopped dinosaur kale
- 1 package firm organic tofu, cubed after draining
- A couple of tablespoons seeds(I used hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds)
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- Add curry powder and shallots.
- Once the shallots are translucent (about 1 minute) add tofu and stir briefly to coat tofu with the curry and onions.
- Spread tofu evenly on pan and leave to brown lightly stirring every few minutes.
- As the tofu is browning (after about 6-8 minutes) you will add the chopped kale into the pan with the tofu, squeeze the lemon over top, sprinkle with salt and continue to stir every so often until the kale stalks are cooked through yet still retaining their tenderness.
- Remove from heat, plate on serving dish and sprinkle with seeds.
- Serve and Enjoy