I am doing a Beach Body 30 day challenge starting Monday. Hoping to lose a dress size by the end of it. One condition that I have trouble with is eating enough protein, and cutting down on carbs.
I was playing with my loseit calorie and macro calculator all morning trying to design yummy high protein snacks, and came up with this version of a stuffed egg. Full of umami flavor, satisfying, and packing a hefty serving of of protein. Paired with shredded romaine or cool cucumbers- Deelish!
Makes 4 servings
Per serving (2 egg whites + the filling)
Protein:- 13.4 g
Carbohydrates:- 0.7 g
Sodium:- 91.6 g
- 1 3oz can sardines, I used smoked sardines in olive oil.
- 4 eggs
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- a dash of wasabi powder(optional)
- Remove sardines from the can, pat with a paper towel to remove excess oil, and place them into a small bowl
- Slice the eggs in half. Add two egg yolks to sardines and mash the sardines and egg yolk with a fork.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, lemon zest and wasabi to the mixture and stir to combine
- Distribute between the egg white halves.